Thursday, January 26, 2012

GetFitAlamoCity welcomes new contributor!

Hey there San Antonio ( & yes...hopefully other cities too...hey we want to get the "healthy" message out to so many :) )! My name is Christina Hogue and I am stoked to say that I am the new contributor to this health awareness/fitness blog! Chris, who is actually one of my older brothers, (you're doing an awesome job by the way!) will still be the head honcho, but I will be here to offer words off encouragement, motivational quotes, and occasional recipes offering wholesome healthy food (I have been known to turn sinful recipes into food that's actually not that...well "sinful," but still tastes great!); however, before I get into all this healthy stuff ; ), I will give y'all a bit of a background on me.

I'm a 27 year old mother of two children...I have a 3 year old daughter and a 17 month old son.  We currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada since my husband (a pilot in the USAF) is stationed here, but I am a native Texan and my heart will always be in Texas.  Just like Chris, I too have a background in health and fitness.   I studied sports management in college and (while now I am a stay at home mom) before having children, I was a fitness instructor and personal trainer...I greatly miss working in this field, but right now my priority is being a mother.  Eventually, I plan on getting back to being a fitness instructor and ,God willing, to become a certified doula (a dream of mine).  Although I'm not currently "working" in the health and fitness industry, health and fitness are still a very BIG part of my life.  I strive to eat healthy and fresh foods as much as possible.  I am a vegetarian and honestly believe that eating foods that are as close to it's natural form (i.e. eating an orange versus drinking orange juice) is one of the best things you can do for your body; however, like Chris said in an early post, I also believe that treats in moderation are ok : ).  I enjoy dark chocolate and alcohol in moderation...must run in the family, I guess ; ).  I greatly enjoy working out, staying in shape, and challenging my body.  My workout of choice definitely has to be running.  I like to run...OK OK..that is a bit of an understatement...I LOVE to run! I truly enjoy distance running...it's just part of who I am...so don't be surprised to see lots of tips and inspirational quotes on running; however, while I'm a bit partial to running, I want to emphasize that finding some kind of physical activity that you truly enjoy is important because then you're most likely to stick with it...consistency is key!

So...enough of that novel! Like I said earlier, I will be here to offer encouragement, motivational quotes, and recipes.  As a woman, I hope to be a good role model for other women...I want to encourage women to take action of their health and strive to be better...physically and mentally! Chris is already doing a great job with this, but hopefully I can just add to his positive attitude and help to make a difference in the health of others.  I am going to do my best to post 1-2 recipes a week...one vegetarian and one for you carnivores ; ) out there. Sometimes, I will offer only 1 recipe, but will include options to make it  both veg and non veg.

Anyways, until I see you again...take a stand today to change yourself for the better...there's no benefit to waiting til later when it comes to your health...start now and make it a lifetime habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment